With what indulgence shall we celebrate the survival of human kind? To quote Donkey from Shrek: "I'm makin' waffles!" Or pancakes if you do not have a waffle maker.
I like my waffles like my ideal apocalypse: Quick and easy. So let's gets to it:
Serves 2 = 6 waffles
- 460 g of mashed sweet potato
- 4 large eggs
- 60 g chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds or pecans)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (you can do 1 tsp but I find you can never be too careful with nutmeg)
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth. If necessary add tablespoons of water
- Cook batches in pre-oiled waffle maker (or skillet for pancakes) on medium high temperature until bubbles form on the surface, then turn over and cook until dark golden brown.
Go loco! You are alive!