For you HK newbies who have not had the pleasure to sample that kind of pastry yet: Do not be deceived by its small size. Never eat the whole thing! The traditional mooncake has the density of a black hole and is to be enjoyed in fragments. No need to mention that they're neither gluten-free nor paleo.
Thanks to Charlene paleo and raw-vegan people alike can be less of Mid-Autumn festival social pariahs.
Without any further delay see recipe below:
Post originally appeared at paleogalhk's retired blog
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews or walnuts soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 water or coconut water
- 2 tbp raw organic cocoa powder
- 1 tbp raw organic carob powder
- 3 tbp coconut nectar
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender for a minute until all combined
2. Pour the batter in a silicone mold
3. Set in freezer for 4 - 6 hours
4. Voila! Serve and enjoy!