Moving on more than 30 years later to today: My only and younger sister forwarded this pizza recipe from a German paleo website in the hope that I would make it for her when she visits me in Hong Kong. Now this is a great recipe if you like your pizza crispy. Took the liberty to translate the recipe into English and post it here.
- 400 - 500 g cauliflower
- 60 g buffalo mozzarella (if you're less strict)
- 1 egg (add 1 more egg if you don't use cheese)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 125 ml strained tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- a dash of salt
- handful of rocket salad
- 4 slices of parma ham
- 25 g pine nuts
- 4 tried tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment needed: oven, baking tray, mixer/ food processor
- Preheat oven to 200 °C or 390 °F. Cover baking tray with baking paper and grease paper.
- Wash cauliflower and cut in smaller chunks. Blend cauliflower in blender until it resembles rice.
- Mix cauliflower with egg, oregano, salt and the grated mozzarella cheese. Pat the cheese dry first otherwise the pizza "dough" base will be too moist.
- Distribute te dough evenly on baking paper und grease the pizza edge with a bit of oilve oil. Bake for 15 minutes until the pizza base turns golden and becomes more solid.
- Then add the strained tomatoes by distributing them evenly on the the base. If you need to add other toppings which need to be heated do so. Sprinkle some salt over it and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove pizza base from oven and add rocket, dried tomatoes, parma ham and the pine nuts.