Yields: 16 fritters
100 g or 80 pc of smaller peeled shrimp
200 g of sweet potato
1 egg white
2 cloves garlic
2 tsb almond flour or coconut flour
1 tsp cold water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
coconut oil for frying
- Place shrimp in a bowl. If frozen defrost and rub dry with paper towel.
- Peel sweet potato. Cut into julienne strips. I'm lazy and use a julienne slicer. Strips will not look as nice but it'll save you some time.
- Crush, peel and mince garlic
- Place sweet potatoes, egg white and garlic in bowl with the shrimp
- Mix almond/ coconut flour with cold water and add to shrimp mixture.
- Season misture with salt and pepper. Mix well. Drain to remove excess liquid
- Heat a 26 cm / 10" frying pan and fill with oil until 2 cm / 3/4" in deep. Temperature of oil for frying should be 175 °C/ 350°F
- Sccop up tablesppon of the mixture. Make sure that there are ca. 5 pieces of shrimp in it. Drop mixture into the hot oil and press with spatula to flatten into fritters of 8 cm/ 3" diameter. Fry until golden brown and crsip.
- Drain on paper towel
- Repeat process with the remaining mixture, frying a FEW pieces at the time.
Place your fritters on a platter. Serve with vinegar infused with crushed garlic and chilli.