What bothers me in the first place the "stupid" part. I going through brain fog, no motivation, sluggishness and a very poor memory. How forgetful? I forgot the name of that actor with the photoshopped abs. I tried to remember for 5 days until I gave up and googled it. Ryan "gluten-free" Gosling. Aaaargh!
To get back to the "fat" bit: What bugs me is that weight gain does not go well with trainer or yoga teacher. I still comfortably fit in my workout clothes and thanks to a lucky draw in the gene pond the excess fat is well distributed and I believe I still show enough muscle definition to pass for a member of the fitness profession. But I can tell you, nobody would think I was photoshopped.
Most of us have been struggling with body image issues. If you are lucky it ends with puberty but there's always in tiny bit of teenage angst in us somewhere. And judging from the media the teenage angst has a good reason to act up when it comes to weight gain. Just look how they are tearing apart Adele or Kelly Clarkson.
- See person's look now and compare to before.
- Conclude that look now is worse than before.
- Decide that something has gone wrong from before to get to now.
- Reach the point where that "something" equals the person in question.
- Final stage: You feel a whiff of projected shame because clearly that person has f*cked up.
I will tell you in my next post what I believe is happening to me. Will definitely keep you posted.